Thursday, July 7, 2011

Fun Beach Craft for Kids

While on vacation a couple weeks ago, we spent our first week at a beautiful ocean front beach house in Nags Head, NC. with my entire family. We absolutely LOVE the beach!

This year as my two little boys and I were searching the sand for sea glass and shells, my boys found a lot of cool creatures, shells, and other fun things. All of the little creatures (crabs, sand dollars, star fish, etc.) were obviously dead, but my boys had no problem picking them up and playing with them...they are true boys! We ended up with quite the collection of shells, sea glass, crab arms, a set of vertebrae, starfish, sand dollars, etc. It really was so much fun to see the excitement in my little boys' sweet faces every time we found another interesting thing in the sand.

Today my boys and I created a shadow box full of their beach treasures. They were so excited to create something so "awesome" to hang on their wall.











Have a wonderful weekend!

Thanks for reading!!!

5 comments:

  1. What a fun involved mom you must be! Your boys are lucky to have such an enthusiastic, hands on mom. Your shadow box is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great idea!! You seem like such a cute mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun and a great reminder of happy times! Love it!
    :)

    Roeshel

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great idea! Love that you and your boys got involved in making a memory of what sounds like a great family vacation, beats a photo album!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea. To use shells that way.
    I live by the seaside, so these kind of materials are easy for me to get.
    I'll follow your example and I'm already following your blog.
    I would love you come to visit me too.
    Nina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your sweet comment!!!