Thursday, March 31, 2011

Lace, Ric-Rac, & Spray Paint

Another great lamp!

After my little "lamp revamp" last week, I have been adding a little more charm to a few other lamps around my house.

Today this darling milk glass lamp got a shiny coat of Krylon's "celery" spray paint to all metal surfaces, and a little frill was added to the lampshade. I used a glue gun to apply a little lace and a piece of soft pink ric-rac.

Seriously, so simple and yet such a big difference!




I am linking this post up with...
The Shabby nest, Frugal Friday - My Romantic Home, Show and Tell Friday - Finding Fabulous, Frugalicious Friday - Chic on a Shoestring, Flaunt it Friday - Delightful order, Delightfully Inspiring Thursday - Tatertots and Jello, Weekend Wrap up Party - Funky Junk Interiors, SNS #75- Between Naps on the Porch, Metamorphosis Monday- C.R.A.F.T-Thrifty Decor Chick, Before and After Party-Elements Interiors, Whassup Wednesdays-Somewhat Simple, Strut Your Stuff Thursday-The Shabby Chic Cottage, Transformation Thursday-Jusy a Gril, SAS day-WhipperBerry, Friday Flair Linky Party-Thrifty Decor Chick, Home May'd


Click on the links in my "Favorite Places to Link" page to check it out.

Thank you!!!

15 comments:

  1. So adorable, love the green and pink together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dearly love milk glass. Thanks for sharing. It's such a pretty piece. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet Emily! I love milk glass pieces. Have a great weekend, Martina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this milk glass lamp. But your sweet touches to the shade make it perfect. Delightfully shabby chic! Happy Friday Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning and thank you for sharing your makeover. I have two of these lamps that belonged to my parents and I was unsure if I wanted to keep them but after seeing your makeover I am definately keeping them and giving them a facelift as you did. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the look. Simple, but made a big change.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the lamp! I said uh oh when I saw celery and then sighed when I saw the metal painted. Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is so cute! i have a lamp just like this and i should try spray painting the metal like you did...great idea! love your blog...am now following! going to check out your kitchen cabinets now...

    ReplyDelete
  9. So great idea! You got a lovely blog dear:)..Very creative!

    Sanghamitra.
    http://rainbow-thecoloursofindia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those colors look great! Thanks for sharing, visiting from Tatertots & Jello.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just that little touch of celery paint on the metal completely changed the look of that lamp! ....even more than the shade. I think you are brilliant to think about doing that. The pale green really makes the eye look at the beautiful milk glass! I hope you will pop over to visit me as I am new to blogging. I featured a lamp this week also. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Girl...I love this lamp!
    I would LOVE to have you link up to my PARTY! WHASSUP WEDNESDAY!!

    And I have a party button you can grab and put on your blog so your friends can come too:)




    *ENTER LINKY PAR-TAY Here! *

    xoxokara

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Wow -- love your lamp. I think I had one like that as a kid -- now I'll have to ask my mom if she still has it somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So gorgeous!!! I have a similar milk glass lamp and have been wondering how to change up the metal parts and you inspired me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your sweet comment!!!