Monday, February 21, 2011

Weekend Project Still in Progress.

First, I want to thank everyone who visits my blog, all of my followers, and all those who leave me sweet comments...it really makes blogging so much fun!!!
I had big plans to do my entire bathroom this past weekend...
A lot got done, but there is still a lot to do.
What exactly did I accomplish this weekend?
*Tiled and grouted
*Cut, hung, and painted new baseboards
*Painted the bathroom walls
What do I still need to do?
*Update the cabinet
*Find a mirror
*Accessorize!

Here is the plan for my cabinet...beadboard, new moldings, new hardware, a fresh coat of creamy white paint, and possibly a glaze for an older, more worn feel.
The other moldings in the picture below (#1, #2, & #3) are the pieces I am going to use to make my own baseboard to put at the bottom of my cabinet. I was going to take the easier road and buy a baseboard for my cabinet; I couldn't find the right height baseboard anywhere, so looks like I am making my own. Hopefully it all turns out just how I have envisioned it. Check back in a few days and see how it turned out.

4 comments:

  1. great work so far. I love the flooring. Can't wait to see more! :) Thanks for stopping by my blog to follow my adventure too! Have an awesome day.
    Humble Homemaking

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily the floor looks great. I can't wait to see the cabinet finished. Isn't it always the way when you have a time frame to finish a project it never works out. I thought our daughter's bathroom would be done in 2 days, didn't happen because we ran into a little plumbing problem. Nothing major but through us off track. Enjoy your week, Martina

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, I LOVE the tile! I'm so impressed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see how this turns out. Our hall bath is so worn and dated, and it's going to get a gutting this summer. We have put up beadboard in the dining room and I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for your sweet comment!!!